9 Ideas for Children at Weddings
- Set up a kids table with loads of activities. As a starting point, contact us for the cute wedding themed children’s activity books. These are a great distraction for children and include a wedding-themed maze, colouring in activities, join-the-dots, a word find and a wedding specific scavenger hunt. These suit a range of ages and feature a bride and groom theme for traditional weddings. They can also be ordered to feature same sex couples.
- Provide a Lego station or a toy box filled with wooden blocks, puzzles and board games.
- Set up a ball-pit for toddlers or a photo-booth with funny dress-ups and disposable cameras for older children.
- Include children in a positive way by giving them a purpose. Have them organize and practice a play, song or dance for the big day. You could even hand over the dance-floor for a short time and let them dance up a storm to a few Moana or Frozen songs.
- If the budget allows, the hiring of a babysitter will take the load off parents and ensure the children are entertained during the wedding. The minder could look after the children at the wedding or somewhere nearby.
- Another option is to hire an entertainer such as a magician, balloon modeler, storyteller or clown.
- For older children having a movie room or games station could also be a way to keep boredom at bay.
- When it comes to food, catering for children can help avoid meltdowns and tantrums. You could provide a small kids buffet with kid friendly finger-foods and kids cocktails.
- Outdoors weddings make things easier as children can make more noise and run off energy. Set up some games on the lawn like ring-toss, croquet, lawn bowls, outdoor jenga, hopscotch or even a bubble station.